About Pixel Artworks
Since 2005 we have pioneered the use of light & pixel technology to develop magical & measurable shared experiences for the world’s largest retailers, brands and entertainment venues. Our epic, immersive artworks offer the opportunity for physical and digital interaction together creating unforgettable memories and building, long-lasting emotional connections with people.
Our headquarters are in London and we operate globally, with a regional office in Dubai. We’re unique in how we bring together creative, technology and production under one roof. We’re a team of around 40 talented individuals, who have built a fantastic community – we’re collaborative, passionate and social. What connects us all is that we love what we do!
We are hiring an AV Support Technician to expand the capacity of our support team to support our clients and maintain completed projects to the highest standards.
This is a new role being created with hands-on training, office, warehouse and on-site works. The support technician will be able to work independently on our helpdesk and at client sites, with the skills to carry out field servicing, troubleshooting and end-user training.
Training on the use of video mapping, lighting, audio and show control systems will be an integral part of this position.
The Support Technician will also be required to provide 1st and 2nd line support to our existing clients. This involves travelling between sites for scheduled maintenance and service visits as well as emergency callouts in the event of a failure.
The role entails…
- Monitoring our support platform and receiving incoming calls to our support line
- Raise, resolve and report support tickets
- Remotely assessing and diagnosing reported issues, resolving where possible or escalating to 3rd line if required
- Attending client sites for regularly scheduled maintenance of control, AV, lighting, sound and network equipment
- Attending client sites to carry our unscheduled repairs or recalibrations
- Generally supporting our other project and company activities as required
- Some CAD, documentation, procurement, supply chain and logistics tasks
- Maintaining standards across all our projects by implementing our installation standards and quality management processes
- Assisting on delivery, testing and logistics of our shows and events
- Travelling to client sites worldwide as required
- Undergo training as required in technology, installation and health and safety.
- Customer focus, passion for technology and learning
- Attention to detail and commitment to high standards of work and conduct
- Commitment to meeting project deadlines
- Willingness to travel and work flexible and unsocial hours as required to support projects
- Full UK Driving License.
Bonus points if you have...
- Construction / AV installation industry experience
- Electrical installation qualifications
- Customer service experience
- Field servicing, repair and maintenance experience
- Projection mapping & media servers
- Professional audio or lighting experience
- Relevant training or qualifications for AV installation.
With such a broad range of specialist skills required we are expecting to have to fill a few gaps in knowledge. Applicants can expect an initial focus on learning and mentorship. As a result, we welcome applications from people new to the AV industry with a hunger to learn about the technology we use.
If you're excited about the opportunity, apply now! The deadline and start date is ‘the sooner the better”! Please apply by sending your CV through to email@example.com.